1165 København K
Tlf: 35 32 28 98 (mon-thurs)
Top salaries — Rector is the highest-paid employee at the University of Copenhagen. This is what he, and the rest of senior management, earn a year.
The University Post has been given access to management’s salary numbers for the year 2022. This is what the rector, prorectors, university director and the deans are earning at the University of Copenhagen (UCPH).
The best paid management position is rector, who last year earned nearly DKK 2 million, while several of the faculties’ deans earned more than the two prorectors.
The amounts shown are the actual total paid salary for the year 2022, understood as basic salary, pension, fixed allowances, temporary allowances and one-off bonuses.
This is what we did
The salary information has been obtained via a Freedom of Information request. The amount is the actual total salary for the year 2022, understood as basic salary, pension, fixed allowances, temporary allowances and one-time bonuses.
1. Rector Henrik C. Wegener
DKK 1,965,583 (163,798 per month)
2. University Director Jesper Olesen [replaced by current director Søren Munk Skydsgaard on 1 May 2023.]
DKK 1,714,568 (142,880 per month)
3. Dean Bente Merete Stallknecht Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences. [Appointed on 1 May 2022. Came from the position of Prorector for Education at UCPH.]
DKK 1,089,808 (136,226 per month)
4. Dean Katrine Krogh Andersen, Faculty of Science
DKK 1,580,451 (131,704 per month)
5. Prorector for Research, David Dreyer Lassen
DKK 1,530,233 (127,519 per month.)
6. Dean Kirsten Busch Nielsen, Faculty of Humanities
DKK 1,500,182 (125,015 per month)
7. Dean Mikkel Vedby Rasmussen, Faculty of the Social Sciences
DKK 1,427,998 (118,999 per month)
8. Dean Jacob Graff Nielsen, Faculty of Law
DKK 1,414,029 (117,835 per month)
9 Prorector for Education, Kristian Cedervall Lauta [Took office on 1 June 2022]
DKK 705,777 (100,825 per month)
10. Dean Carsten Selch Jensen, Faculty of Theology
DKK 1,131,543 (94,295 per month)
All deans get a basic salary of DKK 54,922 per month. The different numbers are due to differences in the individual supplements that the individual deans have negotiated.