1165 København K
Tlf: 35 32 28 98 (mon-thurs)
Top salaries — Rector remains the highest-paid employee at the University of Copenhagen. This is what he, and the rest of senior management, earn a year.
The University Post has been given access to management’s salary numbers for the year 2021. This is what the rector, prorectors, the university director and the deans are earning at the University of Copenhagen (UCPH).
The best paid management position is rector, who earned approximately DKK 1.9 million, while several of the faculties’ deans earned more than the two prorectors that held the post in 2021.
The amounts shown are the actual total paid salary for the year 2021, understood as basic salary, pension, fixed allowances, temporary allowances and one-off bonuses.
This is what we did
The salary information has been obtained via a Freedom of Information request. The amount is the actual salary sum for the year 2021, understood as basic salary, pension, fixed allowances, temporary allowances and one-time bonuses.
1. Rector Henrik C. Wegener
2. University Director Jesper Olesen
3. Dean Katrine Krogh Andersen, Faculty of Science
4. Dean Ulla Wever, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences (Recently stepped down)
5. Prorector for Education Bente Merete Stallknecht (Recently moved back to position as Dean of the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences)
6. Dean Kirsten Busch Nielsen, Faculty of Humanities
7. Dean Mikkel Vedby Rasmussen, Faculty of the Social Sciences
8. Dean Jacob Graff Nielsen, Faculty of Law
9. Prorector for Research David Dreyer Lassen
10. Dean Carsten Selch Jensen, Faculty of Theology (hired 1st July 2021, six months salary)
All deans get a basic salary of DKK 54,160 per month. The different numbers are due to differences in the individual supplements that the individual deans have negotiated. Ulla Wewer and Katrine Krogh Andersen, for example, both got a permanent supplement of more than DKK 37,000 per month.